Monday, June 17, 2013

If I Could Find The Spot Where Truth Echoes...

if i could find the spot where truth echoes
i would stand there
and scream

i would let the disjointed shrieks of my nightmares
drown out the apathetic whispers of my day

today i vow to cast off comfort
like a ragged cloak desperately clung to
yet no more fit to protect from the wind

a trojan blankey
enshrouding my potential
in the form of a cold drink
and a warm couch

i always knew the answers would only bring more questions
but i never felt the cold futility that comes along with it
                                                                                  until now

i ask myself why the person i want to be
does not shape and mold my inner most desires
i ask myself why the skyscraping dreams of my tomorrows
do not pour their concrete mold into the muddied out footsteps of my now

No comments:

Post a Comment