Wednesday, April 24, 2013

An Open Letter To You

Another poem from my book; "Redemption Songs"
(available on Amazon.com)



An Open Letter To You

if i had but one chance to tell you goodbye
i would say it without ever using the word

i would tell you of long walks headed no where
and longer conversations headed toward the same

i would recall countless moments of you being there
a warm shoulder to sleep on
a soft voice to get me thru the night
or maybe just a constant reminder that
trouble don’t last always

i would go on about crowded sidewalks
filled with frantic lives
and how your comforting presence
restores me to self

for i have searched the world over for peace
and found only you

i would try to make you understand
what you have been to me
more than a companion
closer than a mere lover could get
in the midst of the darkness
you have been a light ray
brighter than the starry skies at night
you have forced me into your orbit
i accept

i would tell you that a part of your identity
will remain with me forever
for you have left your fingerprints
indented upon my soul

how many times can two spirits die
and be reborn again
lets find out

and when our paths do cross again
time will yield her forceful hand
restricted expanse will be no more
and we too shall build
another castle in the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment